Take a stroll in the spa forest
The forest of the Karlovy Vary spa is a rarity not found anywhere else. Walking along the forest pathways provides a number of interesting stops, gazebos and wonderful lookout spots out towards the Karlovy Vary spa town.
Those who would like to spend their time in Karlovy Vary actively are in for a treat. Karlovy Vary and the nearby area is a Mecca for golfers.
Here, the golfers can find the highest concentration of golf courses in the Czech Republic. And those not skilled to play golf may come to learn and discover the magic of this sport.
For all the playgrounds you will receive from the hotel discount to green fee.
Visit the museum
- In the Jan Becher Museum, you will learn about the history of world renowned liqueur, uncover the secrets of its production and of course taste the 13th spring of Karlovy Vary.
- The Moser Visitor Centre will inform you about its production of glass currently in use at various royal family tables across Europe and beyond. You will explore the glassworks, try out the glass production blowpipe and witness hand painting and glass polishing.
- In the Karlovy Vary Museum, you will glimpse the history of the town and discover everything from its early beginnings up to the spa movement.
- Come to visit the Christmas House, a Czech invention. In this house, located within the beautiful realms of Doubí Chateau, Christmas never ends. Surround yourself with Christmas in the height of the summer and all that is related to this important holiday.
- Hot Spring Underground - a route that will teach you something about the history of Karlovy Vary's thermal springs and the secret of production of traditional souvenirs from Karlovy Vary.
- The crypt of the Church of Mary Magdalene - a tour of the cellar of the national cultural monument, the Church of St. Mary Magdalene, will provide insight into the history of this religious monument, as well as a unique altar made from the most valuable type of sinter (a pea stone) or the remains kept in the crypt and revealed during the construction of the church.
- The Church of St. Mary Magdalene - the national cultural monument is the most valuable religious structure in Karlovy Vary. You can visit the church during organ concerts, which take place on a regular basis.
- Emperor's Spa – another sight, which has been classified in the list of the national cultural monuments. The Emperor's Spa is one of a few structures of the famous Vienna-based architects Ferdinand Fellner and Hermann Helmer, which are still standing in Karlovy Vary.
- The town and castle of Loket – the medieval castle associated inseparably with the legend of the discovery of Karlovy Vary's thermal springs and the settlement of Karlovy Vary town. The place hosted the Emperor Charles IV, J. W. Goethe and many other important persons.
- Bečov nad Teplou – the chateau and castle of Bečov have recently become famous for depositing the second most valuable treasure of the Czech Republic – the St. Maurus’s Reliquary. Take the opportunity and visit the beautiful interiors of the chateau and learn some history about this unique relic.
The vicinity of Krušné (Ore) Mountains is a chance to enjoy a stay in the spa town with one day mountain trips and other winter sports.
The Promenáda Hotel is the perfect starting point for your trips in search of culture, relaxation or new experience.